Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:27 am 

I'm evaluation two PS2 keyboards.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2J21T20798

and

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823205036

If either one looks promising we'll see if we can put them in our store. Since we buy relatively small quantities, you are probably better off buying them from Newegg.

I should have them in about a week and I'll let you know what I find.

Jim WA2EUJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm 

I've GOT adapters. They do nothing. I have both the purple ones that are supposed to be for keyboards, and I get NO response from the radio. I have the green ones that are supposed to be for mice, and they also do nothing, though some people say they work for them.

I'll keep trying. I stopped using a wired USB keyboard with my PX3 because the cable was pulling stray RF into the input buffer as random characters after the macro-generated text. Instead I use the aforementioned 2.4ghz keyboard with a USB dongle. THAT doesn't work either.

I'd love to have Bluetooth supported. What dark ritual must I perform to get it? I have a few BT modules around here kicking around my junk box...Tell me where to install it, and I'll do it, but of course it'd need the correct drivers too. I have a few HC-05 and 06 modules on hand, and will order whatever you say I need. I have plenty of BT keyboards I can pair with it, including a lovely folding Microsoft keyboard I use with my tablet.

The Perixx keyboard from Newegg Jim posted is the one I bought from Amazon. Like I said, the lights flash on the front, but it does NOT work. I'm wondering if something's wrong with this particular radio or upgrade board, since others seem to be able to make it work. There isn't a setting I need to flip to get it to work, is there? It's maddening to hear others getting this stuff to work, but not being able to get it work myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm 

I think it's a FW bug too. I just got one of the keyboards and it appears to be DOA but if I unplug it and plug it back in with the IQ32 powered up, it works fine. If I cycle the power to the radio with the KB plugged in, it stops working again.

The FW team should be able to figure this out.