HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Firmware Upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:32 pm 

Is there any schedule for firmware upgrades? Is there somewhere we can submit bugs, enhancement requests, etc?

Post subject: Re: Firmware Upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:59 am 

It would be best to post any bug reports and request for enhancements on this forum. So far there are two bug reports and a handful of feature requests. Obviously, bug reports are a priority and are currently being investigated. Feature enhancements will need to be prioritized according to demand - if lots of people are asking for the same feature - and feasibility. I expect there will be a bug fix update before the end of the year but no firm date or list of enhancements for an update at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:17 pm 

How about just remembering your settings when you power off/power on? Seems like a simple upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:14 pm 

Thanks for the feature request. This was not in the initial product release since we were concerned about write wear on the non-volatile memory. Most of the settings can be stored easily when changed, with the exception of frequency which changes often. Likely storing the settings will be in the first update in some form. We have also discussed storing frequency updates in the band selection buttons rather than being fixed presets. The exact details still need to be worked out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm 

Thank You. You might offer full saving option for those who understand the risk, Allow the user to choose. I am usually parked on one frequency,and would want the rig to power up exactly like I left it. I appreciate your quick response! 73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pm 

CAT or another remote control facility would be an extremely useful addition.

Thanks for a great product,

--Frank KK6WUU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 am 

If you want it to go to a specific frequency read the manual over about how to program a memory channel. Then in the short term to can just select it when you power up. If you are having problems ask and I will try to help you.
There is a lot of cool stuff you can customize in the programmable buttons on the radio. I think the essence of that is captured in the manual but might needs better explanation. There are some really cool features there you might be missing.

I am confident that this feature request will be getting careful consideration and once fully flushed out it will be very high on the list of features to implement.

Dave
VE7HR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm 

Thanks Dave,

What I have in mind is the ability to run the radio hands off from a PC using, for example, digital mode or contest/logging software. The beauty of a stand alone SDR radio like this is that such a feature is feasible.

Thanks for all the great features the IQ32 already has,

--Frank KK6WUU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm 

Thanks for listening to our requests! We are all having fun with this rig!
Len WF2V