HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 am 

I just finished SN 1781 with the ATU! :D Everything appears to be working great with one exception. The SWR and PEP graphs on the TX screen essentially mirror each other in magnitude with the SWR lagging a bar or two behind. Furthermore, the SWR shows up as unrealistically high values 60, 80, and up to 130. My antenna analyzer and other radios clearly show the antenna load as 50 ohms with an SWR of 1.2. This is confirmed by the HR50 when I put the ATU in the "wattmeter" mode...it also shows an SWR of 1.2. Engaging the ATU on the HR50, although not necessary considering the already low SWR, the HR50 quickly returns a "tuned OK" result. Still, the SWR bar graph and value displayed on the TX screen are unrealistically and ambiguously high. Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm 

Hi Ron,

Nine times out of ten when there's a problem with the power readings, there's something wrong with T3. If you email me some photo's of T3 I'll be happy to see if I can spot the trouble.

Take lots of shots from different angles.

jim (at) hobbyPCB (dot) com

Jim WA2EUJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:33 am 

As an update, I've emailed Jim some photos of T3. Here are a few screen shots that depict the behavior I've observed in the transmit screen. I also completely removed the ATU and the behavior on the TX screen remained unchanged, still showing ambiguous values.

Attachments:
File comment: With ATU in "watt meter" mode, SWR is 1.25, and power levels are ambiguous.
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (3).jpg
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (3).jpg [ 58.79 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]
File comment: TX screen showing an SWR of 80. Analyzer and other radios have the SWR at 1.25.
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (2).jpg
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (2).jpg [ 59.68 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]
File comment: Opening 20m screen
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (1).jpg
KK6I - HR50 Display Photos (1).jpg [ 59.35 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 pm 

Thanks Jim for your very prompt response!

Jim quickly realized that I had not installed the relay jumper (RLY) at W1; for some reason I skipped this step thinking it was focused on the QSK option. I soldered a jumper on top of the board and both the amplifier and ATU work like a charm! :D Issue resolved!